| CV - portfolio : :
always loved to draw and create from a very early age, and I think that
was my inspiration to select graphic design as a career choice. Now, over
26 years collective experience in a variety of Queensland based advertising
agencies has given me a vast knowledge and a variety of skills in the
advertising industry and consulting engineering firms, managing graphics
teams, providing innovative and exceptional graphic material for clients.
My skills include providing team leadership, technical expertise, project
management, client liaison, design & production, advertising concepts,
web design and 3D, presentation and packaging.
passion in life is to create, and when I'm not designing on screen,
I love illustrating, painting and sculpting with basically anything
I can get my hands on. This passion drives me to dream, and dreaming
is the essence of my soul. Finding the way to bring these dreams to
life is my challenge and keeps a smile on my face.
• Business owner / graphic designer - self employed, up to 20+ clients nationally;
• Graphic designer / manager 1995-2007 [12+ years full-time / contractual] - team leader and management of an in-house graphic design studio. Overseing and managing team members, internal and external clients;
• Graphic designer - 1985-1995 full time / freelance - advertising agencies.
- Communication - Organising and facilitating team weekly workload meetings, regular yearly national group conferences, business networking, client liaison. Recruitment interviews and half yearly review meetings for team members;
- Time Management - Organise and carry out daily / weekly schedules for group and personal workload, Project Management training (PM1 & PM2);
- Financial Management - Quoting and fee structure reporting, documentation, costing and archiving of projects, audit review meetings;
- Technical Skills - Graphic design software applications on both Windows and Apple Mac computers, knowledge base of wide range of software packages and design skills including the design of catalogues, brochures, annual reports, newsletters, logos for corporate Identity
packaging and point of sale material, posters and design of display presentations, powerpoint presentations
• Diploma of multimedia - web design and interactive media
• Adobe creative cloud
• Microsoft office
• SketchUp - 3D modeling
• Illustration - various mediums
• Scanning and photo manipulation
• Photo, model and prop direction
• Print management
• Understanding of copyright laws
Gallery Management Experience:
• Gallery Manager - Escape Fine Art Gallery & MealieArt House Studio Gallery Murwillumbah [5 yrs full time]
• Gallery assistant curator/manager [5.5 years part-time] -managing the preparation of walls for hanging, cataloging, pricing, tagging, storage and rotation of all artworks. Oversee and manage marketing and media needs for the gallery
- Media & Marketing -
Identifying and initiating all media and marketing opportunities. Overseeing the artists working in various allocated areas e.g. social media. Planning and delegating to gallery members for facilitation of marketing strategies.
- Online Network Coordinator -
Overseeing and managing promotional opportunities through a variety of social media arts networks including, Facebook etc developing strategies to maximise our benefit from these resources. Overseeing and monitoring bulletins and updates. Researching new online opportunities.
- Promotions Manager/Website -
Producing promotions for artists and collectives, coordinating and overseeing the distribution of promotional material including organising and monitoring the distribution areas and the human resources involved. Designing and maintaining websites.
- Corporate & Liaison Officer -
Foster the development of partnerships and networks within the community and opportunities for sponsorship and in-kind support within the corporate and commercial sector. Foster community engagement and participation, audience development, and initiatives.
- Research & Development -
Research for new projects, initiates and develops new projects for the involvement of the collective, obtains quotes for pricing.
- Public Arts Projects & Workshops -
Teacher of weekly children’s workshops, adult & children's art classes, liaison with corporate and art workers organisations for public art projects. Working with Children Bluecard and General Safety Bluecard
- Theme/ Decorations -
Liaison with events coordinator to initiate, design and create the decorative elements of each theme for shows and special events. This includes sourcing the required materials, overseeing a team of volunteers for production, placement and refinement.
commercial art : :
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | |
Please email me here for a full CV of experience and examples - quotation, contract work or commissons available
memberships : :
Member of ArtsHub / Flying Arts www.artshub.com.au
Member of Artworkers Alliance www.artworkers.org
clients : :
Mont Marte International
WEBA Chute Systems - International/Australia
Colour In Your Life
Escape Fine Art Gallery
Numinbah Natural Therapies
Ocean Marine Group Pty Ltd
Sustainable Oceans International Pty Ltd
BCE / SMEC
Brisbane City Council
Qld Dental Staff Recuitment
EnviroEngineering Pty Ltd
Golf Gifts Online
Nexus Strategem Pty Ltd
Elliot Whiteing Pty Ltd
More than Skin Deep
Avenir Art Group